Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Say What You Will about Memphis

So this is why moving is awesome: it’s so exhausting and time consuming that you can’t possibly think about all the people you love who you will be leaving behind. That said, I just am not going to be able to say good-bye to all the people that have been so kind to me since I started making the commute from Oxford to Memphis in 2008. Now that I live here, I have developed so many rich relationships that will be sorely missed. Thank you to everyone who has been so wonderful to me, especially the Memphis Jewish Community. Let no one say there are no Jews in the South.

Now, as for moving: how on earth did I come to acquire so much stuff? An exercise ball? I used it for exactly one week. It took me three days just to pack all of my books. Now I’m wrestling with those things that I need, but it might be easier just to buy a new one. You know: broom, dish drainer, hair dryer, etc, etc. How many garbage cans have I bought in my one short life time? And the cleaning! A little scrubbing on the hands and knees never hurt anyone. Except if you have bad knees.

Time to take a weird rolling-wheel exercise thingy that I’m not even sure where it came from to the trash compactor. More fun to come!


Someone decided that she did not want to get left behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment